COVID-19 UPDATES AND ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING
As we all adjust to new ways of doing things as we work together to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we want to keep you informed of actions we’re taking here at St Vincent de Paul, Casa Grande.
These unprecedented times have called for equally unprecedented measures so we can continue providing you with food and other essential items in the safest environment possible. As we follow guidance from local and national health authorities, I assure you every decision we make is done to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. And we will continue to take any and all steps necessary to do just that.
CURRENT ACTIONS WE’RE TAKING TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS
– Reduced office and pantry hours to ensure the well-being of our staff, replenishment of products and an even deeper cleaning of our office and pantry:
– The Food Pantry and the Office are open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
– Currently, appointments for furniture items may be made by calling the office at 520-836-2009.
– Frequent cleaning throughout the office and pantry.
– Plexiglass barriers installed at our office interview stations
– Requiring all staff and clients to wear masks or cloth face coverings
– Limiting the number of clients in our office and pantry
– Requiring pantry clients to wait in their cars or outside the pantry until called in
– Requiring social distancing
– Limited seating areas
– Requiring staff members to stay home if they’re not feeling well
- Closure of the Thrift Store until it is deemed safe to re-open
PROTOCOL IF EMPLOYEE TESTS POSITIVE
The personal health information of our employees is private. And while we don’t publicly share that information, the safety of our staff and clients is top of mind in every decision we make.
We have a detailed list of protocols that will immediately go into place if any member of our staff tests positive for COVID-19.
Under the guidance of local and national health authorities, every situation is thoroughly investigated. This includes ensuring the staff member has the support they need for their health and well-being. We will also identify that individual’s known points of contact in the office or pantry and notify the staff of the situation. If appropriate, we will also conduct an additional layer of deep cleaning that is above and beyond our already frequent and stringent cleaning protocols. We will immediately notify our clients if it is ever determined there is a risk to the general public.